INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION
Dear I year students,
Welcome to SASTRA as you step into your first day of your university education. Following are the guidelines for hostel accommodation and you are advised to comply with them:
- The Room allotted to you can be found online at www.sastra.edu using your login credentials. The room allotted cannot be changed under any circumstances and no requests for change shall be entertained.
- The allotment is made random and students are given single room accommodation even in 2-in-1 and 3-in-1 rooms and only in 4-in-1 rooms, two students are allotted.
- Once the students are allotted their rooms, the hostel fee payment has to be made online (Link click here) before occupying the rooms between February 18 and 22, 2021. The hostel rent for the Feb-May’2021 period can be paid online and the mess fee can be paid online every month on a dividing system basis. Kindly pay the hostel rent and bring copy of receipt while you enter the campus hostel.
- Considering the very short time available, students requiring quarantine may isolate themselves inside the hostel and inform the hostel authorities.
- The end-semester exams shall start as per schedule on March 8, 2021 to be followed by classes for II semester immediately. There will not be any vacation but a short break for local travel. Students are advised to come prepared accordingly and even if they want to go home during this short break, you may do so but ensure you are back for the start of 2nd semester classes.
- Students are advised to have their own reusable masks, sanitisers and necessary COVID safety accessories/medicine. It is not a bad idea to have mask+sanitiser stock for atleast 2 months though they shall be available in the campus stores from the 1st week of March.
- Students shall bring their own plates, coffee-mugs and water jug & glass. No electric heater or induction heater will be allowed inside the room and students found using them will be suspended from the hostel. Bring your lock & key for room doors
- Fine quality mattress, pillow and bed-spread shall be available for sale on campus by the TN Co-Optex dept and you may purchase them on campus. This shall not only reduce your travel burden but also be supportive of the efforts of the handwoven ecosystem in TN
- Buckets, mugs and other toiletries are available in the campus stores.
- Kindly avoid expensive gadgets, jewellery and other avoidable personal property. This is in your interest as though storage is available students may be careless.
- Boys having khaki shirt & trouser may bring it with them and so can girls bring their lab overcoat. Daily dress code for law students shall be sent separately. Though we shall not enforce this dress code for labs and law students in the I semester, the normal dress code – collared shirt+trouser for boys (no T-shirts) & salwar with dupatta for girls will be followed.
- The hostel shall be available for occupation from Feb 23, 2021 morning and the mess service shall begin from the dinner on February 23, 2021. The university canteen shall remain open for parents & students. Parents shall not be allowed to stay with student inside the hostel and have to leave the campus by 6:00p.m. on Feb 23/24, 2021.
- Needless to mention, students and parents shall be administered a temperature check at entrance and be allowed inside the campus. All COVID related protocol has to be strictly followed by students during their travel, stay and other academic activities on campus.
- Any deviation from academic/hostel rules and COVID safety guidelines shall be viewed as indiscipline and necessary action shall be taken
- Students are advised to bring their original documents - +2/qualifying degree mark sheet, TC, Migration Certificate (if applicable), 12 passport photos, Original Government issued Photo ID, etc. for appropriate use and when necessary
The University authorities have taken all precautions to ensure student safety on campus with adequate advance preparations and will continue to do the same on a day to day basis. Request parents and students to extend full co-operation during these tough times and any inconvenience is purely unintentional and only owing to the constraining factors. Any genuine feedback shall be immediately acted upon.
We welcome you to campus and have a safe travel.
DEAN – STUDENT AFFAIRS
© 2021 All rights reserved | SASTRA