- All candidates can check their ranks by entering their application number or DOB (if application number is unknown)
- Any discrepancies in marks or other critical data should be brought to our attention within 48 hours. You may send the details by e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that only discrepancies in marks may be sent to this e-mail and avoid making any other requests. The subject matter of this e-mail must clearly mention: "Application Error"
- In the event of any change in marks due to revaluation, candidates are advised to scan and send their new mark list immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject matter being "Revaluation Change." The e-mail must reach by June 18, 2018. The new rank will be intimated to the applicant with advice on counselling based on new rank. A copy of the new mark sheet or official approved communication of change of marks is to be provided during the time of counselling
General instructions for counselling
- The 1st round of counselling for admission to the B.A./B.B.A/B.Com., LLB (Hons.) programmes at SASTRA Campus in Thanjavur will be held on June 19 at 9:30 a.m.. A copy of the counselling call letter can be downloaded or printed from website while checking for rank. It will not be sent by post
- Please note that this is the first round of counselling and the 2nd round will be conducted based on vacancy position. The details for the 2nd round of counselling will be available at www.sastra.edu on June 19, 2018 at 9:00 p.m.
- Students and parents are advised not to be misguided by touts and middlemen claiming 'proximity' to the Admissions Office. The entire process will be transparent and vacancy position will be updated in the website as frequently as possible during the days of counselling
- The Admissions office has published the rank list based on information in the application forms received. In the event, data submitted is wrong or entered wrong inadvertently, admission will be based on correct data only. If the applicant is found ineligible during the counselling session, the application will be considered invalid despite ranks being allotted
- The presence of candidate during the time of counselling is compulsory. If due to any unavoidable circumstances, the candidate is not able to attend; either the father or the mother or legal guardian with proper documents will have to attend the counselling.
- Candidate will have to report 30 minutes before the start of the counselling session. Late-comers will be allowed only during the next batch and can seek admission only for the branches available during that time. Any candidate who misses the entire day cannot appear for any of the subsequent counselling sessions.
- Candidates are informed that they should have enough copies of the original mark sheets, transfer certificate, conduct certificate, migration certificate and other documents before they submit the original during the time of counselling.
- If any candidate has secured admission in a different institution & is unable to produce original documents, he/she is expected to bring a copy of the admission letter, acknowledgement from the institution for receiving documents and fee receipt
- More number of students than the available seats are called for counselling. Mere call for counselling does not guarantee admission and is subject to availability of seats. If necessary, updates may also be sent to mobile phones.
- In the event of being admitted to a particular branch, the candidate must pay the following fees only in the form of Demand Draft, favouring SASTRA, payable at Thanjavur
|1) ||Tuition fees||Rs 60,000/- (per semester)|
|2) ||Development fees||Rs 10,000/- (one time payment at the time of admission)|
|3) ||Miscellaneous||Rs 7,000/- (one time payment at the time of admission)|
A single Demand Draft for Rs 77,000/- favouring SASTRA University payable at Thanjavur should be taken.
For candidates requiring hostel facilities, the following is the applicable fee:
|1) ||Hostel fees||Rs 8,000/- (per year)|
|2) ||Caution Deposit||Rs 2,000/- (Refundable)|
|3) ||Admission Fees||Rs 100/- |
- A separate Demand Draft for Rs 10,100/- must be taken. Hostel admission is subject to availability and preference would be given for outstation students. Students residing within a radius of 75 km from SASTRA will not be provided hostel accommodation
Demand Drafts must be in favour of SASTRA payable at Thanjvaur only.
Documents to be submitted during counselling:
- 10th Mark Sheet,+2 Mark sheet, CLAT Score Card, Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate, Migration Certificate (if applicable) and two recent passport photo (colour with application number at back)
- Once the allotment of branch is made, it cannot be changed under any circumstances. However, sliding will be done against vacancy after the I year and based on I year CGPA.
Wishing you Good Luck!